13 May 2010

Humorously-Titled Newssheets and Sundry Gazettes



Hello again, so soon! Why are you awkwardly nosing around outside of my estate? Perhaps there is a hobo sign for a kindly woman who gives handouts drawn on my fence. Well, no matter. Let me invite you in for a peanut butter sandwich and a tale or two.

I thought I would subject the Cabinet to a bit of a "Spring clean" today. I ran across some interesting items that I had forgotten, including my collection of Humourously Titled Newsheets and Sundry Gazettes. Let me share some of those still publishing, including their place of origin, arranged in a special, secret order known only to me:

The Log Cabin Democrat    Conway, Arkansas

The Mining Journal  –  Marquette, Michigan

Laramie Boomerang   Laramie, Wyoming

Oregonian  Portland, Oregon

Ashland Daily Tidings
 
–  Ashland, Oregon

The Plain Dealer   Cleveland, Ohio

The Repository  –  Canton, Ohio

The Inter-Mountain   Elkins, West Virginia

Walla Walla Union-Bulletin   Walla Walla, Washington

The Virginian-Pilot   Hampton Roads, Virginia

Barre Montpelier Times Argus  –  Montpelier, Vermont

The Richfield Reaper  –  Richfield, Utah

The Mineral Wells Index  –  Mineral Wells, Texas

The Orange Leader  –  Orange, Texas

Alice Echo-News Journal  –  Alice, Texas

The Alpine Avalanche   Alpine, Texas

Beeville Bee-Picayune   Beeville, Texas

Jefferson Jimplecute   Jefferson, Texas

The Eldorado Success  –  Eldorado, Texas

Jasper Newsboy   Jasper, Texas

The Leaf-Chronicle   Clarksville, Tennessee

Watertown Public Opinion   Watertown, South Dakota

Huron Plainsman   Huron, South Dakota

The Call  –  Woonsocket, Rhode Island

McKenzie County Farmer  –  Watford City, North Dakota

The Blowing Rocket  –  Blowing Rock, N. Carolina


The Yadkin Ripple  –  Yadkinville, N. Carolina

Pharos-Tribune  –  Logansport, Indiana

The Elkhart Truth  
–  Elkhart, Indiana

The Palladium Item  –  Richmond, Indiana

Golden Transcript  
  Golden, Colorado

Steamboat Pilot & Today   Routt Co., Colorado

Well, I hope that list gave you a good laugh or two. You've had your entertainment and TWO peanut butter sandwiches at my expense --- now kindly vacate my premises!

The Cabinet is closed for cleaning and maintenance until further notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...